MICHIGAN SWAT CHALLENGE
Registration is now open!
- Sponsor Product Demos: 25 June 2024 from 1200-1700
- Event Date: 26 June 2024
An annual 1-day full spectrum team competition with a focus on SWAT/SRT standard operating procedures, tactics, teamwork, fitness and marksmanship.
Limited to 20 Law Enforcement tactical teams (5 shooters per team).
Entry Fee: $375 per team.
Sponsor Product Demo: 25 June 2024 from 1200-1700
Demo day is a chance for operators to get hands on product experience and talk to participating sponsors about their newest products.
Additionally, mini individual shooting challenges will take place during this time which will support the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and C.O.P.S. (Concerns Of Police Survivors).
SWAT CHALLENGE OPS BRIEFING
Purpose and intent of this event is to bring the tactical law enforcement community together in a safe, friendly, well structured, practical, and demanding competition. Build comradery at the team, regional, and state levels. A chance for operators to assess other departments equipment and tactics. This competition will offer unique challenges that test and highlight personal and team training, performance, and equipment which needs improved upon.
Each team will consist of: 1 Team Leader, 2 Officers, 1 Sniper, and 1 Breacher.
Prefer all officers to be from the same department team, but not limited to.
- Must have been an active member of a law enforcement special operations team.
- Prior team members are eligible. Example: retired, transferred, trainers, etc.
- Military special operations units are eligible.
- Must have passed a SWAT certification course.
- Must have attended additional advanced (beyond basic annual quals) pistol & carbine training after Basic SWAT school.
- 0700-0800: RO and support staff brief.
- 0800-0830: Check in.
- 0830-0900: Safety brief for all.
- 0900: All Stages Go Hot.
- 1200-1300: Rotating BBQ chow.
- 1600: Estimated completion.
- 1630-1700: Awards ceremony.
Mandatory Individual Gear List:
- Big heart, thick skin, and a no-quit attitude.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Issued uniform and duty belt.
- Issued patrol rifle with sling, 3 magazines minimum with pouches, 300 rounds.
- Issued pistol with holster, 3 magazines minimum with pouches, 200 rounds.
- Issued helmet and body armor with front, back and side plates.
- Issued gas mask.
- Issued IFAK, with operational items inside.
- Preferred hydration. Water and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
- 1 Sniper rifle system per team with all deployment sniper gear. 20 rounds minimum.
- Team communications.
- 1-3 support personnel to assist the event as Range Safety / Score Keepers.
- MRAP or Armored Vehicle with driver.
- Medic or EMT personnel on sight.
2023 Stages: FULL INTEL REPORT CLICK HERE
- Quick Reactionary Force (on call) / Armored vehicle deployment with medical recovery.
- Sniper supported entry. Sponsored by: Streamlight
- Tactical Athletes. Sponsored by: EOTECH & Delia Tactical
- Handgun marksmanship with ballistic shield. Sponsored by: United Shield & Delia Tactical
- Patrol rifle and handgun “Dis & Ass” Sponsored by: Otis Gun Cleaning
- Gas mask marksmanship. Sponsored by: Avon Protection
- Teamwork problem solving. Sponsored by: CAATailAntennas
- TQ application and support side only marksmanship.
- Use of vehicle cover. Sponsored by: Angel Armor
- Run & Gun. Sponsored by: Nextbelt
Lodging and Travel